When do the snow ordinance parking restrictions begin and end?

From December 1st through April 1st, no vehicles can be parked on public streets between 1am and 6am.  Warning notices are issued the first week in December to help remind residents.

How do I get my fingerprints taken for employment or certification?

Fingerprints are taken for town residents by appointment, Mon-Fri 9am-6pm.  You must provide the fingerprint cards, show a valid photo ID, and provide proof of employment/certification.  We recommend that you call ahead.

Westchester County, New York.

Frequently Asked Questions

I received a ticket for a Vehicle & Traffic offense.  What do I do? 

​You should respond to the ticket by entering a plea of Not Guilty or Guilty, which you mark directly on the summons.  The summons should be mailed or hand-delivered to the Mt. Pleasant Justice Court by the date and time listed on the ticket.  You will be notified by mail of the next step in the process.

If your ticket indicates you must appear in person, then you must be in Mt. Pleasant Justice Court on the date and time listed on the ticket.

The court is located on the main floor of Mt. Pleasant Town Hall.  They can be reached if necessary at (914) 742-2325.

Town of.

Mount Pleasant Police Department

How do I get a copy of an accident report?

It takes approximately 3 days to process an accident report.    Go to crashdocs.org where you will enter your name, date of accident, and blotter number provided by the patrol officer.  If you need assistance, you can contact the records office at (914) 742-2373.  There is a $25 fee for this service.

How do I contact the Animal Control Officer?

The ACO is scheduled day tours Mon-Fri.  Call 769-1998 to report an animal issue during those hours.  A message can also be left after hours. 

How can I become a Mt. Pleasant Police Officer?

The Westchester County Department of Human Resources administers the civil service examinations for Correction Officer, Police Officer, Police Officer (Spanish Speaking), and Firefighter.  The next police officer exam is expected to be held in 2025.  

Should I report suspicious activity?

Absolutely!  We count on you to notify us if you see something or someone that seems out of place.  Please call us right away.  You may be asked for additional information such as a person's description, last known location, and anything else that can help us.  .

What number do I call in an emergency?

Dial 911 for any Police, Fire, or Medical emergency.  For all non-emergency calls, call (914) 769-1941. 

What is the D.A.R.E. program?

D.A.R.E. is a police officer-led series of classroom lessons that teaches children from kindergarten through 12th grade how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug and violence-free lives.  Mt. Pleasant Police has been providing D.A.R.E. since 1996.  In addition, our D.A.R.E. officers are certified School Resource Officers (SROs), who spend many hours a week in our public schools.   For more information, visit our D.A.R.E. website at www.mppddare.com.

I received a town summons or parking ticket.  What do I do? 

If your ticket indicates you must appear in person, then you must be in Mt. Pleasant Justice Court on the date and time listed on the ticket.   Otherwise, you should complete the back portion of the ticket, entering a plea of Not Guilty or Guilty.   Return the ticket and payment  following the directions.  The fine schedule can be found at:    https://www.mtpleasantny.com/justice-court